•Use the weight of your bird to get your timings right, leaving plenty of time for your turkey to rest when it comes out of the oven. It’s best to let it rest for at least half an hour.
• We include a handy pop-out timer with every turkey. Insert your timer into the thickest point of the breast. The timer and cooking times below are for guidance only, as all ovens vary.
• Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 for at least 20 minutes
1.5-2kg – cook 1¼ to 1½ hours
2-2.5kg – cook 1½ to 2 hours
• Get your turkey out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before you cook it; a stone-cold bird will take longer to cook.
• Place some vegetables (onions, carrots etc.) in the roasting tray under the bird to enrich the turkey juices for fantastic gravy.
• Roast your bird for the calculated time, or until the pop-out timer pops. if using a digital thermometer, we recommend cooking to an internal temperature of 70°C. To be completely safe, check that the juices run clear when you pierce with a skewer. Do not overcook your turkey; it should be moist and succulent.
• Once cooked, lift the turkey out of the tray and rest on a carving board, covered loosely with foil, for at least 30 minutes while you get on with the finishing touches to the rest of your meal.